Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

I decided to choose Narayan's Ramayana as it seemed to be the more straight forward option of the two stories. I also really enjoy the fact that there is a reading guide that comes with it, I think that will help me keep track of the story, schedule out my reading accordingly and understand the story better.



Comics of interest:

1. Ganesha: In one of the week 1 assignments I read a story that told a little bit about the relationship between Ganesha came to be and I want to learn more about how that happened in detail.

2. Hakka and Bukka: I really enjoyed the cover art of the comic so I thought that I might enjoy the story. I look forward to reading the full story because the summary on the blog post looked interesting.

Videos of interest:

1. Symbols of Divinity: Most people can understand what another person is saying through emoji use and what that emoji stands for. I think it is cool that we as people are able to understand what something means or represents just by looking at a small drawing.

2. Who created the universe? Everyone at some point in their life asks how did we as people get here and how was life/the universe created. Growing up in a Christian home I learned that creation through God was the answer. It was extremely interesting to hear a different point of view and idea as to how the universe and life were created.

No comments:

Post a Comment