Thursday, January 16, 2020

Growth Mindset

The Growth Mindset in my opinion is a great idea. From my experiences in school when I was younger I definitely did get bored with school at times. Through elementary all the way through graduation I never really had to study or really work exceptionally hard in my classes. I do not say this as a way of bragging, but rather in support of the Growth Mindset. I feel like not being directly challenged when I was younger has caught up to me as in college I really need to study, be organized and give really great effort to do well in my classes. I have had to train myself to study in a really legitimate way, as mentioned earlier growing up I did not spend much time studying and if I did it would be a quick scan of my notes or a review sheet. 

Having a background in and love for sports I always felt I improved when I challenged myself to do more. The old saying is that iron sharpens iron and I am a big component of that idea. I feel like we all need to be challenged to be better. In school, sports, work, relationships and more I do not believe that any of us are finished products. Th Growth Mindset if implemented into schools I think would infuse better work ethic among students and deter them from giving up as easy as before.

Off the top of my head the only downside I  could think of with the Growth Mindset is when I think about the kids in the past and now who struggle with school as is. Although I do not think the program would be intentionally be leaving some students behind, I know that some subjects are harder to grasp for some students. Obviously it is not a perfect system or else it probably would be implemented at most schools, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment