Monday, January 20, 2020

Storybook Favorites

I am not very familiar with Greek or Indian Mythology so I had to read over "Battle Between Horses" a few times. I really enjoyed the word choice and just how descriptive the story was. I was able to picture what was happening in the story as I was reading it from the looks of the characters, the environment around them and the emotions of the characters. My favorite part of the story was when Sahadeva used the explosion as a distraction to end the battle and make the Greeks retreat the battle field. The Author's notes where a huge help as they helped me contextualize the characters and story to be better understand what was happening.


Next was "Motherhood", the introduction immediately caught my attention and held it in place. The poem about the mother was beautiful. It reminded me so much of my mom and how much she has done for me. From birth, taking care of us when we are sick, helping with homework, giving advice and on and on mother's do so much for us. The writer does a great job of describing what every loving mother wants for their children through the poem. 

Last, but certainly not least was my favorite story that I read in "Looney Tunes Goes to India". I smiled when I saw the title and the story kept a smile on my face through the entire read. I grew up watching all of the Looney Tunes cartoons I could find, so an Inidan story told through familiar characters made it easy to understand and picture. I think the author/writer did a great job of nailing how the characters speak and the word choice that they would use in cartoons. I really hope there are more stories in the archives like this one as it was easy to understand and relate to the source material of the Indian story.

No comments:

Post a Comment