Friday, March 27, 2020

Week 10 Story: My childhood room

For my storytelling assignment I decided to go down memory lane and talk about what I can remember from my childhood room. I wrestled about what I should write about until I saw the suggestion of this idea and it was like a light bulb turned on. This was a fun project as I love nostalgia and going back remembering all the good from when I was little and growing up.

I was born and raised in Norman, Oklahoma. In my life I have lived in two houses. The first was in the very beginning of my life, I was a newborn until about two years old while we lived there. I do not have any memories of that room. When I close my eyes and think of my childhood room, I can picture it vividly.

When you walked into my room you would be struck by the theme of sports. The OU logo and crimson and cream where painted like a banner across the top of each wall. I had a twin bed with power rangers bedding and pillows. Above the bed was about 20 glow in the dark star stickers that were glued to the ceiling and are still there to this day. Every night I would fall asleep underneath the stars. Near the stars was an electric toy airplane that would zoom around my room and hypnotize me until I drifted off into a slumber.



There were two specific items that jumped immediately out to me when I thought started writing about this subject. I had this awesome NBA lamp, it had all 30 teams at the time pictured on it and the main part of the lamp under the light bulb was a basketball. I loved that lamp and hopefully will be able to buy another one day. The second item was this storage unit that I used for all of my toys which was shaped like a basketball. I wish I had a time machine where I could go back and just look around that room one more time. I still have the same room at my parents house, but with none of my fun childhood items. I wish we all didn't have to grow up so fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment